Monday, June 30, 2008

Key Lime Pie from Outback Steakhouse!

Outback Steakhouse has a Key Lime Pie. The normal crust is not gluten-free but Barb C. talked to a manager and provided them with a Gluten-Free Pecan Crust recipe. If you call at least 2 days in advance and talk to a manager, they are willing to make a pie with a gluten free crust so that you can order a slice of pie for desert.

I tried this and it is very good! Just remember to ask for a manager (Shawn, John, or Justin are the names I think). Also stress that it is the gluten free crust and make sure you talk with the manager when you go in for your meal/desert. A slice of pie is around $4.50 but it is a large slice.

I actually ordered whole pies. They charged me $30 plus tax per pie (and gave it to me in pieces), but it was worth it!

This is the Outback Steakhouse at 21st and Rock. The phone # is (316)634-6500.

Thanks Barb for thinking to ask about providing a GF Crust recipe!

-Staci

No comments: